Chemical peels (peeling) and its alternatives are an effective treatment for wrinkles caused by excessive sun exposure, for mild scars and various types of acne. In addition, exfoliation improves the appearance of the skin with visible spots and loss of shine, as well as with changes caused by aging. In many cases, chemical peels are the first step towards maintaining a youthful appearance of the skin. Today, various preparations are in use that have a superficial, medium-deep and deep effect on the skin layers, depending on the severity of the problem. Generally speaking, deeper peeling gives a better and longer lasting effect, while milder forms of peeling lead to faster recovery, but also a shorter effect.
CHEMICAL FACIAL PEELING - PROCEDURE
Chemical peels are usually performed as a minor surgical procedure. Smaller areas of the skin do not require anesthesia, while chemical exfoliation of the whole face requires milder sedation and local anesthesia. Before the procedure, the skin is thoroughly cleansed with an antiseptic liquid that removes all impurities and prepares the skin for the penetration of the active substance. The exfoliating solution is then applied with an applicator. Applying a burning sensation that lasts 20-30 minutes. After the procedure, an antibiotic cream or ointment can be applied to protect the skin and keep it moist. After about 10 days, there is a change in the skin that takes on a pink color, and the surface is smoother and better toned. The skin color remains reddish for a few weeks after the procedure, but these changes can be masked by makeup. In most cases, after 6-8 weeks, the skin takes on a normal tone.
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELING
Depending on the depth and intensity of the effect, peeling is divided into superficial, medium-deep and deep. There are 4 different types of peels for chemical facial peels:
- Glycolic acid – stimulates collagen production and leads to thickening of the dermal layer of the skin. It is used for mild wrinkles, clogged skin pores and acne. Treatments can be repeated at regular intervals for a more lasting effect.
- Salicylic acid – used in superficial peeling. As it does not penetrate into the deeper layers, it does not act on the deep wrinkles of the skin. Surface peeling offers some improvement in skin tone and surface area, but the results are temporary.
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) – available in various concentrations that have a greater or lesser penetration into the skin, and is selected according to the nature of the problem. As a base for medium-deep peels, it brings better results than superficial ones. Healing is shorter than deep peeling.
- Phenol – as the deepest peeling available, leads to a dramatic effect that lasts for years. Phenol is used to treat skin that has severe changes such as deep furrows and wrinkles, and pigment changes. Precautions are required when applying it.
CHEMICAL PEELING AND ALTERNATIVES - SKIN CARE RECOMMENDATIONS - ZO® SKIN HEALTH
A pharmaceutical company based in Long Beach, California, develops and prepares various products designed to prevent and improve various pathological skin conditions (photo-damage, various hyperpigmentation, acne and rosacea). The ZO Skin Health system, prescribed and controlled exclusively by medical staff, are specially developed products for deep skin treatment. By acting on the deeper layers of the skin, surface irregularities, damage, hyperpigmentation or differences in skin color can be significantly corrected. Also, penetrating into the deeper layers of the skin stimulates cell renewal, blood circulation, which achieves better skin moisture. ZO Skin Health Obagi skin health restoration system makes a wide range of therapeutic protocol products for every person regardless of skin condition, age, gender or color.
Hydrafirm ™ Eye Brightening Repair Creme
As one of probably the most useful supplements/ ecommendations with blepharoplasty surgery, Hydrafirm is definitely ™ eye treatment cream, which acts as a type of eyelid tissue lift. Designed to remove the signs of aging skin around the eyes, it helps smooth, firm and reduce dark circles and puffiness.
Currently, the most advanced technological solutions and achievements in skin therapy – biotechnological complexes, plant stem cell components and multi-therapy transfer systems are built into ZO Skin Health solutions. This medical cosmetology program is ideal for well-motivated, disciplined and informed patients, because only then can the result be impressive!
The price can be determined only after consultation and decision on the scope and type of treatment.
- ZO Skin comprehensive skin rejuvenation programs – the cost of the protocol is determined after a clinical examination